BDRO Regulators’ Code comes into force
The new Regulators’ Code, published by BRDO, came into force on April 6th. All regulators, including licensing officers, is from this date under statutory duty to have regard to the Code when developing policies and operational procedures that guide their regulatory activities.
The Code sets out that regulators should:
- carry out their activities in a way that supports those they regulate to comply and grow;
- provide simple and straightforward ways to engage with those they regulate and hear their views;
- base their regulatory activities on risk;
- share information about compliance and risk;
- ensure clear information, guidance and advice is available to help those they regulate meet their responsibilities to comply; and
- ensure that their approach to their regulatory activities is transparent.
Further detail regarding the principles above are contained in the Code.