Environment Agency Guidance Note: Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013
The Environment Agency (EA) has produced a guidance note aimed at helping local authorities in carrying out the registration process.
The guidance note includes:
- What EA checks to carry out on our public register, T9 Exemptions, Environmental Permits and Waste Carriers.
- How to carry out these checks.
- If a site is suspected in having previous relevant convictions, a further check can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting the local Environment Officer.
- The procedure for providing the EA with SMDA applicant’s information (CSV document). The public register submission contact details are on the rear of the guidance note.
- If there is any suspicions about possible relevant offences, enquires should go to be made to: email@example.com or by contacting your local Environment officer.
- Further information about possible un-permitted illegal waste sites or carriers should also be reported to the EA incident hotline on 0800 80 70 60 and the local Environment Officer.